PDA

View Full Version : how to do this? [FPS]

Br0nZiLLa
03-06-2003, 02:59 PM
Hi!
I was wondering if i somehow can show my FPS in my footage?
(ive seen this in some plates used by companies)
Ussualy you see this in the corner or something...
Thanks in advance!
Sander:wavey:

Chris
03-06-2003, 08:52 PM
you could just use the text tool, & type in '25fps' if you are on PAL or '30fps' if you are on NTSC. :)

Or are you after a timecode readout? Combustion has a character generator that I think can do timecode - check the text operator section of the manual...

Br0nZiLLa
03-06-2003, 08:55 PM
I mean an actuall frame (realtime) shower..you know what i mean?:)

Chris
03-06-2003, 09:14 PM
Yep, I think so, so on frame 1 you want '1' on frame 2 you want '2' etc etc - the text generator should be able to do that - I think.

GrantKay
03-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Hi,

Combustion has a full timecode generator.

In the text tool under the toolbar you will find an option that says insert timecode.

You can then customise the timecode to count with the composition. It will work in the standard you choose. So it can count as 25FPS or 30FPS etc...

Regards
Grant

Discreet UK

Br0nZiLLa
03-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by GrantKay
Hi,

Combustion has a full timecode generator.

In the text tool under the toolbar you will find an option that says insert timecode.

You can then customise the timecode to count with the composition. It will work in the standard you choose. So it can count as 25FPS or 30FPS etc...

Regards
Grant

Discreet UK
So is possible to not only show the fps but actually all the frames?
For instance if my footage is 90 frames longs it starts from 1 to 90? instead of repeatedly showing 1 to 25, 1 to 25..?

Br0nZiLLa
03-07-2003, 10:12 AM
allright i got it thanks!..BUT..it will only stay in my composite for 1 frame!?:annoyed:

GrantKay
03-07-2003, 11:11 AM
I take it that you have not looked in the manual for the explanation :p

When you create paint objects (like the text for example) you have the ability to paint on 1 frame only, all frames or from the current frame.

Now you can set this setting prior to creating these objects. In Paint, in the "Settings" menu there is an option there called "Default Object Duration". In your case it is probably set to 1 frame. That is why the time code only exists for 1 frame.

If you change this setting now, it will only affect newly created objects.

However you can always change the duration of objects you have created already.

Ensure that the object is selected (use the arrow tool). Now go to the frame that you want the graphic to last up until. (end of the composition for you.) So what you should see is a selection of an invisible object. Hit the period key (.). This will change the end point of the paint object and extend it up to the frame you are currently looking at.

Additional note: You can also change the in point of a paint object using the comma key (,) ....

Regards
Grant

discreet UK

Br0nZiLLa
03-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by GrantKay
I take it that you have not looked in the manual for the explanation :p

When you create paint objects (like the text for example) you have the ability to paint on 1 frame only, all frames or from the current frame.

Now you can set this setting prior to creating these objects. In Paint, in the "Settings" menu there is an option there called "Default Object Duration". In your case it is probably set to 1 frame. That is why the time code only exists for 1 frame.

If you change this setting now, it will only affect newly created objects.

However you can always change the duration of objects you have created already.

Ensure that the object is selected (use the arrow tool). Now go to the frame that you want the graphic to last up until. (end of the composition for you.) So what you should see is a selection of an invisible object. Hit the period key (.). This will change the end point of the paint object and extend it up to the frame you are currently looking at.

Additional note: You can also change the in point of a paint object using the comma key (,) ....

Regards
Grant

discreet UK
OK..thanks alot!.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.