PDA

View Full Version : Max Cloth Question

Coll
03-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am currently using Max, working on modeling a dragon for animation. I've had quite a lot of trouble getting the wings right, but I think I've got it now. I just have one final stumbling block:

I am using a cloth modifier stretched between ther "fingers" of the dragon's wing. for the most part I can simply node the cloth to the bones controlling the fingers. For where the cloth meets the body I have used dummy objects and the attachment conatraint, and it's working almost perfect. The only trouble now is that I need to make the dragon's mesh a collision object for the cloth modifier, and it doen't seem to want to let me do that. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,
Coll

Frankyboy
03-25-2007, 03:45 PM
A node cannot be the target of a node constraint as well as a collision object in the cloth simulation. You will have to use SimNode constraint or surface constraint.

Coll
03-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I don't know how to use Sim Nodes or the Surface constraint, or even what they're supposed to do. Do you know any other forums or tutorials I could use?

Christov
03-30-2007, 11:16 AM
You can try to make a copy of Body mesh, skin it to dragon Bones (to move with Dragon), and set it as Collision Object.

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2007, 11:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.