PDA

View Full Version : Mudbox

djharmon
03-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Has anyone here used Mudbox yet? I was thinking about getting it but not sure. It's easy to use but does it really have the power like ZBrush?

squidinc
03-24-2007, 03:35 PM
why not try it out? :)
https://mudbox3d.com/downloadTrial.html

edit:
ah, dammit, didn't read your post properly.. it seems you've already tried it
may be worth waiting until zb3 is out before you make a purchase

antonymuse
03-26-2007, 06:30 AM
Mudbox is definitely easier than ZBrush. It is very intuitive and fast. Coupled with it's Maya like workflow, it is a wonderful tool. I have worked on it for a little while and i love it. Although i feel ZBrush is a lot more innovative. I consider iot to be a master application. You can do you models in it, i mean base mesh and the Zsphere thing is very impressive modeler and again innovative.

Nowadays though, i find myself opening mudbox frequently and just sculpting for fun. It is great. You should definitely try it.

djharmon
03-26-2007, 03:28 PM
yes that is what I though, I may wait until ZBrush 3 then deside. I don't know I do like ZBrush just can't get the hang of it. Mud is easy but don't seam that strong, I just haven't been able to get the obj back into poser right. I might just stick with ZBrush a little long and learn it. Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2007, 03:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.