PDA

View Full Version : CG City

meccabilly
03-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey Guys,

Im working on a Godzilla type fight scene for a web-based mini series and need to find someone who can model the city for it. I am aware there are some kind of rules for pimping out work on the boards, but Im not really sure what to do. There is a v small budget, but i am unsure of where to go to advertise for it... What would you guys recommend... We don't really have the budget to afford a subscription to any job sites and its pretty much a 1 off, so if there is a board or a thread i can post this in then please let me know.

Thanks

Sinew
03-25-2007, 02:57 PM
more details about the style, scale, effects your going for will really help people to help you.

are you going for realism, cartoon, black and white, etc? what help do you require, ie modeling, lighting, rendering, concepts?

until you outline exactly whats needed then people arent going to sugest things.

meccabilly
03-29-2007, 09:37 AM
The project requires a CG city environment which is to be a homage to the sort of city models that appear in a (japanese) Godzilla movie or in Power Rangers and such. The sort of place people in foam costumes can romp around in - but also to be made to look like its in the UK.

In terms of detail and such it simply needs to look as good as they do, so nothing over the top. Will also need to be lit and hav a sky environment in place.

In terms of scale, it would probably be as simple as 4 streets arranged in a # formation, with some kind of central area for the robots to fight in. Then perhaps less details buildings in the distance.

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2007, 09:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.