PDA

View Full Version : Potions Mistress (Fantasy)

zachlost
03-24-2007, 07:40 AM
WIP of something I'm working on.
Constructive comments welcomed.
(ps. I don't usually do women)

http://www.zachwong.com/cgtalk/potionslady8wip.jpg

Alabaster
03-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Anatomy isn't my thing, but the relation of the head to the right shoulder seems off somehow, and jumps out since all of the other elements of hair and torso are working well.

All I can say is maybe bring the neck/face down some, other than that she looks very nice. :)

zachlost
03-24-2007, 03:52 PM
totally confused - my right or her right?

I'm not sure what's odd about the shoulder, but I'm probably gonna cover it with the chain-linked-potions which will be her "dress".

Alabaster
03-24-2007, 10:09 PM
To clarify, her right shoulder even though it's kinda on your lower left. The shoulder itself is fine, I'm noting the relative distance between her shoulder/neck/face, and it appears her neck is a bit too long.

Maybe wait for other input though, nice warddrobe idea. Is this the color scheme you've decided on or is that coming later?

zachlost
03-25-2007, 12:29 AM
the colour scheme is kinda intuitive. i'm trying to only use blues/greens (dress) to contrast the purples/warmer flesh tones.

as for other comments, i doubt i'll be getting much interest. thanks for your postings so far.

DArcy1
03-26-2007, 04:02 AM
HI

I absolutely love the jewelery, the organic effect is quite well done. I also think you've done a great job with the dynamic flow of the jewels around the figure. The figure itself needs some work to come up to the quality of the jewelry however. Anatomy-wise, I'd find a couple of reference shots of female faces to work from. And her left arm / hand looks odd - grab a camera and snap a shot of a friend in that pose to see what I mean. I also hope you will bring a few of those jewel tones into the skin, to unify it a bit. I do link the overall sepia tone to the skin, as it really makes the jewels stand out - but it does need a bit of color :-)

Keep going !

D'Arcy

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2007, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.