PDA

View Full Version : help! i am thinking of buying vue

greatbeast
03-24-2007, 12:38 AM
i see that vue has different.... versions? (vue easle, Vue 6 Esprit ,pro studio,infinite,and extreme) what is the difference besides price? if you can do most of the xtreme stuff in easle why pay so much for extreme?is there a site (or area on e-on site)that compares them?

all i really want to do is creat landscapes and have some basic control over texturing and sky creation,and not being able to just use the presets.

Continuumx
03-24-2007, 03:33 AM
Here you go:

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/index.php?page=chart&onlydiff=1&CompareWith7=1&CompareWith8=1&CompareWith9=1&CompareWith10=1&CompareWith11=1

greatbeast
03-24-2007, 01:35 PM
thanx,i guess i am gonna go with esprit.i know someone one who has a copy of infinite or xtreme and when i use it i don't use all the high end stuff.i just needed something to do landscapes other than bryce to go with my poser models.

mwalter1
03-24-2007, 06:04 PM
In my mind, Easel is the equilivent to Bryce. Espirit is the base module - Pro-studio has all three extra modules. Look at the eco-systems and see if you can live without them! I think you can buy just the eco-system module, so it's not too much more money. You can always upgrade in the future, so no matter what you start with, in the long run you pay about the same as just jumping in and getting the Infinite version.

Xtream is not needed unless you have a high end program like Cinema 4d, 3D Studio, Maya, etc.

pcbyers
03-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Vue has a pretty reasonable upgrade path, in which you can work your way up to the higher versions. You'll spend at most $100 more than if you'd taken the plunge at the outset. In other words, it's relatively cost-effective to buy chunks as you need them. So, if you don't know you need the high end feaures, start out on the low side.

Myself, I knew I would need Max/Mental Ray integration, so I sucked it up and bought xStream (and a month's supply of ramen noodles).

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2007, 06:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.