PDA

View Full Version : MotoGp Final Commercial

rikjm
03-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Hello,

I would like to share with you this piece of animation, we made for Boolab. MotoGp.

MotoGp 30sec http://www.lacteastudio.com/MotoGp.mov

Director: Jorge Cosmen.
2D Design: Oscar Noguera.
3D: Lactea Animation Studio.

In name of all the team of Lactea Animation Studio we would appreciate your critics!

Thanks a lot!

Rik.

fightingthumb
03-23-2007, 06:38 PM
cool ill be the first to reply! i thought this was pretty sweet man! i really like the style and the editing, fun watch!

Opelfruits
03-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I find the music quite irritating, it doesnt get me in the mood to watch the race like last seasons opening sequence.

great job on the graphics though

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo valentino :bounce:

rikjm
03-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks for your critics! always constructive!

Rik.

nikosX
03-26-2007, 03:53 PM
i also think that the music would fit to the Pirates of the Carribean instead of a MotoGP video.. I liked the video though:) I liked the detail on the helmet that reflected the vector road. Also the colors are nice and the contrast.
Could you tell us more about the techniques?

nottoshabi
03-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Link is broken.

rikjm
03-28-2007, 08:44 AM
I apologize for the link, we had some problems with the server, It has been repaired.

About the techniques we used, the cameras were tracked an imported to maya, were the motos and characters were animated, the textures were created in vectors and then aplied to the models as bitmap, when the scenes were finished (with animation and textures), the main thing was setting up the RenderLayers.

Some shoots have more than 50 Layers for the final composing.

We composed the colors (Rendered as Incandescence) the reflections (Which were mapped as a Cubic projection (all of them pre-rendered), the projected shadows and the self projected shadows, the floor, the sky, the particles and some alphas.

I will try to find some Wip images and upload them here.

I hope my explanation has been clear, If there is any question no dubt on asking!

Thanks!

Rik.

MrDurden
04-06-2007, 02:58 PM
I like the design of the textures and the composition. Very nice watch, i like the motoGP go Pedrosa!!! :D

M20
04-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Please post some wips, MotoGP is what i love and i always admire this animation when i see it. How long have you worked on it and how many people where involved in this proces?

rikjm
04-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Hello,

Here are some wips from the MotoGp animation.

We were 6 3D operators on the whole process, also a pair of postproduction guys on the composing stage, and also a 2D artist who created the textures.

The whole project took 2 months, and we made this 30sec for MotoGp and a pair of 10sec one for 125Cc and the other for 250Cc.

Here are the wips!

Hope you like them!

rikjm
04-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Sorry only 3 allowed per post :-P and I don't know how to attach images direct on the post.

Rik.

maisca
04-19-2007, 11:33 AM
A great job Lactea Studio!!!
I liked the the concept style,the animation and the quality of work.

Congratulations!!!

picolo
04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
good work guys!!

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.