PDA

View Full Version : Python + Node view?

specxor
03-23-2007, 03:59 AM
Hi, Guys,

I have been writing a bunch of stuff in python lately and using wx for the GUI aspects... I would very much like to incoporate a schematic/node view, something similar to shake/fusion etc... I think I could most likely do this with wx's OGL (Object Graphics Library) but Im not entirely satisfied with it... So does anyone no of any Python libs that might have this functionality?? Or does it look like im heading back to C++? and If thats the case does anyone have any ideas on implementing it in C++ I was toying with doing it openGL?? any thoughts...

Wow that was alot fo questions...

Cheers
Dave

Ian Jones
03-23-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm writing a GUI in OpenGL atm and its actually really nice to work with, but pretty low level because you have to write everything from scratch. I'm writing the GUI toolkit itself aswell as obviously creating a GUI with it. Python (PyOpenGL) can do OpenGL but of course c/c++ is the powerful option.

specxor
03-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah I did look at PyOpenGL, I think I might investigate it a bit further to it will surfice... I do kind of like the idea of creating the GUI with ogl because of the control... Maybe I will just prototype this one in python and head to C++, see how it plays out I guess...

Cheers
Dave

ohiro2
03-23-2007, 06:07 PM
I have been doing exactly same thing as you....
Have you checked DiaCanvas project?

http://diacanvas.sourceforge.net/

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2007, 06:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.