PDA

View Full Version : classical guitar, tariq atef alsmearat (3D)

prince-des
03-22-2007, 01:23 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/215597/215597_1174569813_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/215597/215597_1174569813_large.jpg)

Title: classical guitar
Name: tariq atef alsmearat
Software: CINEMA 4D, Photoshop

hi
This design
The third work in the c4d program
without special purpose, just for fun. Enjoy and add some comments please .

chickensandbeandip
03-22-2007, 03:47 PM
It looks good. I only have coments on the textures. The floor seems too repetitive. maybe some variance. Add some dirty spots or something here and there. Maybe an off colour stone in the floor. It is kind of dulling down the overall image. And with the guitar, the usually match book the tops. What that means is the take a peice of wood, slice it down the middle and use the two pieces for the top so there is a symmetry running down the center of the guitar. You may have done that but the grain is perfectly down one axis. If you did match book the texture try adding a slight inward angle so the grain kinda converges toward the center. It will add that touch of realism to the guitar that is missing.

Hope this helped.

late.
:cool:

Carlovfx
03-22-2007, 04:43 PM
hey, i can hear the sound coming from the strings! :eek: Really nice render, but i'm quoting the chicken for the floor. You could bake the map (only the map, no light no shadows) on a UV and then add some detail in photoshop. Those comments are always awesome and useful, but if i have to say the truth i could do the same trick of the floor on my last render i posted but i didn't so... good work and stop :thumbsup:

waheednasir
03-22-2007, 08:04 PM
beautiful subject and well made...:).

just a couple of suggestions though, as per the classical guitar:
the neck/fret board is a bit too thin, in classical guitars necks are big/wide, more space between string and wider frets.
all guitars have minimum 12 frets from the nut/head till the body, some have even 14, but yours got less than 12 ( they are 7 i think) and that has to be corrected, cause it wont be playable. no guitar comes with less than 12 frets. u can go thru references.

but i really like your choice of subject and the colors uve used for the guitar...:).

all the best.

prince-des
03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Thank you for all :thumbsup:

chickensandbeandip

thank you for your remarks

i will work it

---------------

Carlovfx

hehehe

thank you too much

you can to see me some your old design :applause:

Also

i will work it :thumbsup:

-------------------
waheednasir
thanks alot :wise:

look for this image

http://www.farsipraise.net/blog/uploaded_images/acoustic_anatomy_large-770075.gif

i used it as evidence

look there is 6 frets not twelve :rolleyes:

thanks

Carlovfx
03-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Carlovfx
you can to see me some your old design :applause:

I did not understand :sad: BTW, i repeat: beautiful work.

waheednasir
03-23-2007, 02:26 PM
u are most welcome tariq...:).

u showed a good reference, everything is so much clear here. i would like to mention one more important point. what uve made and the reference that uve shared is of a Hollow Acoustic metal stringed guitar not a classical one, the major sign is that classical guitar's strings dont end on the bridge like this, they get a knot. im only writing this cause uve dont a good job, i really like it, just be careful with the details, they change things a lot.

wish u very best for the future.

aktoom
03-25-2007, 10:17 AM
nice work
الله يعطيك العافية

Wasteland-3D
03-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Good work, but strings must be diffirent diameter.

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2007, 12:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.