PDA

View Full Version : Animation: The Candid Audition

Rawn
03-06-2003, 02:03 AM
Hey Everyone,

I recently completed the 6 month Maya program at The Vancouver Film School and here is the result:

Candid Audition - 21 meg divx avi (http://www.vfs.com/~m09corey/candid_lrg.avi)

I welcome all questions/comments.

Thanks,

-Corey

kdub
03-06-2003, 02:16 AM
great work. The face up close could use a little work, but the animation/story is all great! (and funny) another VFS hit i guess.

Finally i get to post first on something :)

RmachucaA
03-06-2003, 06:36 AM
I must say it extrmely good, i gather from the movie that you have previous experience in 3d? because if you learnt to do that in 6 months im packing up and moving to vancouver :-)

my only crit is that the arms seem a little to thin for his body, and that his face is too clean, it should have a little more dirt and wrinkles, other then that bravo!

Jui
03-06-2003, 07:17 AM
Yeah there are things to be improved in the modelling *however* I do not think that the modelling was important in the clip.

The animations in it certainly took the centre of attention. The dance with the music was executed very well and I just loved how he puffed and out of breath at the final pose.

Well done.

But there is something that i am wondering. Every single guy from the vfs stresses that they are from the vfs on the first post. The work is great, but it almost sounds like an advertisement...

Rawn
03-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Jui said: But there is something that i am wondering. Every single guy from the vfs stresses that they are from the vfs on the first post. The work is great, but it almost sounds like an advertisement...
-Jui, It wasn't my intention to do an advert for VFS...I was just giving some background of myself and where the piece came from 'tis all. :)
The dance with the music was executed very well and I just loved how he puffed and out of breath at the final pose.
The reference material I used was a combination of 2 different dance numbers from Fred Astaire. I learned a lot about animation from trying to mimic these dance steps, I recommend it to anyone wanting to further their animation skills...do a dance!

RmachucaA said: i gather from the movie that you have previous experience in 3d?
-RmachucaA, I have had some previous experience in 3d however, there wasn't much character stuff, so that was the area I wanted to push for.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it comin!

-Corey

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.