PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Guenther Demo Reel

Goontah
03-22-2007, 03:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3avzmP5BKc

I just graduated from the 3D Animation diploma program at a school called DevStudios in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I am open to any kind of criticism that will help me improve my CG skills.

Booyah
03-22-2007, 06:01 AM
The biggest thing is that you need to decide what your reel is really going to be geared towards whether it's lighting, animation, modelling, or texturing, etc. Variety is a good thing but have variety in what your trully good at and love to do. An employer needs to be able to look at your reel and know where to put you in a studio. so if you want to be a modeler do some more modelling and really focus in on that, i am afraid you may have spread yourself a little too thin by going in every direction instead of one real focus. Keep working at it though and try and find your niche.

chriswelsby
03-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Hi,

I agree with the previous post. To me your strength is modeling and if I was you I would focus on that, if though your heart is set on lighting or animation then I would really focus on of those areas. As a fellow graduate looking for work I wish you luck, you've got some strong work on your reel though, just maybe really focus on what area you want to go into.

All the best

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2007, 08:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.