PDA

View Full Version : uv texture editor scale handle missing? maya 7

tryl
03-22-2007, 03:49 AM
i'm running into a problem where my scale tool in the uv texture editor turns into 2 very hard to grab lines rather than the usual tool with the green, red and blue boxes, the other tools are affected as well and it makes it hard to resize/move the uvs

I've deleted all the preferences files in the maya folder and Its still doing it to my character file, and also to new files

any ideas?

GreenShellFactor
04-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Okay, I'm going to first state that I'm not yet a pro at UVing - I've actually just dove into it recently. BUT, what I do know is that when you're in the UV editor, the only thing it will let you move or scale are UVs themselves. When you have edges of your model selected, you can right-click on it in the UV Editor Window, go down to "Select" > "Convert Selection to UVs." It sounds like you're stuck in edge mode. I dono, give it a try and let me know if that helps anything. I think F12 also switches to UV mode. You can select UVs from your model in your Persp/Ortho views as well. Hope that helps even a little! Good luck. You've got a long (but ultimately rewarding) road ahead.

~green

dude5487
04-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Well in the UV texture editor everything is 2D. So if you have anything selected, your move, scale, or rotate tool, you are not going to have the full gammut of everything for each tool.

If you are having trouble with actually getting a hold of the tool because it is too small, you can hit + or - on the keyboard and it adjusts the tools size.

I dunno if I am closer to helping you. GreenShellFactor has some great tips as well.

Let us know if your still having problems.

tryl
04-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, I'm thinking its more of a graphical issue than settings because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, but heres a screenshot of whats going on

http://www.alisonburkley.com/images/screwedup.jpg

aten
04-29-2007, 10:08 PM
I get this at work all the time, it's the one where you try to scale the uv's and they fly off all over the place isn't it?

Funny cos I was showing someone at my place how to fix this on Friday.

You want to quit maya and delete your windowPrefs.mel which is in maya\7.0\prefs. Although you say you've deleted your prefs already? Make sure you quit maya first then delete em.

Krazier Designs
04-30-2007, 05:28 AM
I'm getting that same issue but it's in all my Orthographic Views. Perspective works but not the rest. Mine is happening in Maya 8 and I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm using Windows Vista, as it used to work fine when I had XP.

So my only thought is that is has to be a driver issue, because changing to Vista was the only thing I did, and currently my Video card isn't really supported in Vista.

Doesn't help to much, but you're not the only one it seems :(

Zebb.

dude5487
05-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Wow....interesting.

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2007, 10:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.