PDA

View Full Version : modeler problem

CROMO3D
03-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Hello, Iím developing a big (in terms of number of polygons) project. Iím modelling some buildings and at a certain pointÖ LW9 crashes!!!
The same project doesnít give me any problem with LW8.5
I suppose itís a matter of number of polygons drawn together Ďcouse it happen only when I activate all the layers together (Iíve spread the mesh of the buildings over many layers).

My guess is that LW9 requires more powerful hardware then LW8.5 to run properly.
I run LW on a AtholonXP TB 2600 with a (poor) ATI 9000PRO (with latest ATI drivers).

Any suggestion?
(file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/ROBY/Desktop/Presets/Presets/EnvironmentHandler)

TrueArt Support
03-23-2007, 12:58 AM
Try LW v9.2 beta to see whether it fixes problem.. If not you should send bug report with your object that crashes LightWave.. If you do it quickly it'll be fixed before LW v9.2 release.. I don't think so it's hardware problem, rather too old/too new graphics card drivers.. But first I would test LW v9.2 to see whether or not it works..

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2007, 12:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.