PDA

View Full Version : animated gradient ramp by particles age?

CapitanRed
03-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I tried to have a material which starts when the particle is born and does it's animation. but it is allways in global time, not for particles age.
I know, there is a particle Age map, but it does not allow to have a animated map inside.(not timed to the particles age)
or did i miss some checkbox? :D

Nicool
03-21-2007, 07:30 PM
why dont you assign a particle age texture in each slots of your gradient ramp... the color of each slots will vary in particle time space.

CapitanRed
03-22-2007, 08:14 AM
hmm...this would'nt work the way i want i think. there would just be 3 animations instead of one, but all particles would go trough this texture animation at the same time,or at three different times.

I read here in the forum, that it is possible to have a animated bitmap starting by age, when a noMaterial is in the previous event.
I think, i'll render my texture out, and apply it as a .ifl in the bitmap slot.

let's see if this will work ;)

CapitanRed
03-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Well, it works :D

theres is no need to apply a noMateriak in the previous event.
just had to delete parent on collision, spawn a new one(only for resetting pAge), and add a material dynamic to it.
then in the material operator settings, under animated texture check all boxes and max offset to 1.
in the material itself has to be a animated bitmap. with the gradientramp it didn't work.

here an excemple:

www.megalomania.ch/capitanred/movies/drops.avi (http://www.megalomania.ch/capitanred/movies/drops.avi)

PsychoSilence
04-03-2007, 12:23 AM
pete draper deals with water drops hitting water/liquid in one of his great tutorials on his website www.xenomorphic.co.uk (http://www.xenomorphic.co.uk) . just search the educational section (canīt post the link atm because the site seems to be down :( iīm sorry!)

kind regards

anselm

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2007, 12:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.