View Full Version : Character Animation Demo Reel 2006

Anat
03-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi All

Here is my new Demo reel from year 2006

check it out.

Thank you

Anat.

(http://www.anatzach.com/animation/reel.rar)

chriswelsby
03-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi,

There is a lot of really nice stuff on your reel. Especially the acting pieces, a lot of really nice subtle gesture and facial stuff there. The dance that is at the start and the end is really nice, as with the ballet sequence. I would though think about cutting some of the other things at the start. They go well with the music but i feel the other two pieces i mentioned are stronger and show of your abilities better.

Good work though and a nice reel!

Chris

mistasam02
03-21-2007, 04:03 PM
I agree with the above post.. dancing shows that you can animate complex stuff, but it's pretty useless in the industry. In movies and games they could just as soon use mocap. I'd cut some of that and focus more on the acting you have later. Good work though!

CoolCalb
03-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey Anat!

Great DemoReel!

a few crits: I would open the reel with the acting bits, or at least open it with one
strong acting sequence, then move to the dancing, and come back to the other
acting stuff later.
I would loose the animation of those beans (or whatever they are :) )
it's not as good as the other stuff (a reel is as good as the least-good, work in it)
I would also consider removing the Bezeq parrot, or try to improve it a bit, it's a little
too stiff in some parts.

I would put the lion somewhere in the beginning, you did GREAT job on it! you want to
make sure people see it.

thats's about it... you are a great animator! keep it up!

voolkan
03-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Since just now im starting to study animation deeply i dont really have
anything to critiq, just one thing, i think you got a uniqe style, keep
on going with it. Great job.

Anat
03-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for all your comments, i agree with what you all have said.
I'm going to make some changes in my reel :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2007, 10:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.