PDA

View Full Version : what is the latest news about shake?

shakelover
03-21-2007, 08:50 AM
hi everyone. does anyone knows what is the latest news about apple shake program?
it seen be very quit.

any link or news? please

SheepFactory
03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Apple has some big announcements to make during NAB @ april 15. We'll find out soon enough.

lramos
03-22-2007, 06:58 PM
I hope the news is that they gonna make a new version for Windows. I use shake 2.5 in windows, and never stop using it.

shakelover
03-22-2007, 09:45 PM
well I hope apple makes the new version for shake. that is what everyone waiting for it. sound to me apple is not going make alot of software for windows. the main point is, selling the apple products. apple shake software helps them to sell alot of mac pc's. specially I never used mac.I hate it. but since I begon to learn shake I bought 2 imac till now. I love it. macs are great for graphics. still I'm waitng for droping down the price of imac G5 24" intel.

also if you are using intel mac. it is great. you can switch between xp or mac,so you don't need 2 pc. I used to be use 2 pc all the time. I'm suing 3d maya as well. so 1 for maya and otherone for shake, but now very easily just switch between xp and mac osx.

everyone think that is end of shake. many people moved to flame or houdini or other software, but they don't know, that shake still has all functionality more than other program.
shake is the most powerfull program in the compositing world. full of functionality, you don't need really updates.

shake 4,0 has great plugins and future . you can do what you want with.

I love shake and I'll keep going with it untill ..............,

but if you heard any news please link it here,

never give up shake is great.with shake you can shake the world.

Antonio Australia

lramos
03-22-2007, 10:35 PM
I love shake, I hope they make a new version for windows, cause since I use mostly 3dsmax, would be great to keep using.
I think would be normal a new version for windows, since osx now runs on pcs and windows runs on some macs. And also because, at least around here, a mac costs the eyes of the face ... you could by 3 excellent pcs with the price of one regular mac.
I'd kill for it!

lazzhar
03-23-2007, 01:09 PM
What are you talking about guys?
The developpement of Shake has been stopped last year and Apple apparently will reveal its new Compositing program the next year. "Phenomenon" ? I guess it's cool as name :D

lramos
03-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Really? Damn,and probally will be just for mac and linux.

beaker
03-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Really? Damn,and probally will be just for mac and linux.I doubt it. None of the other pro apps run on any OS besides osx. No linux, no windows. All the new pro apps depend on the new Coredata/Coreanimation/Coreimage etc... which are osx only.

FYI, if you have 50k you can buy the source code to shake 4.1 and compile it to run on windows :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2007, 07:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.