PDA

View Full Version : Power up like effect in PFlow

Onslaught_2000
03-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi can anyone in here tell me how i can create this effect using PFlow?? Anything on it will be a big help.
http://home.earthlink.net/%7Egray_fox001/Fusion1.gif

byousif
03-20-2007, 12:04 PM
hi well its not that easy. but what you wac do is create a mesh that looks like the aura around him. then use pflow to spawn particles of the mesh and add a delete modifier so that they die after a few frames. you wont be able to cant get something like the example youve shown but try my tips.

youre better of using after effects for an effect like that. cheers.

p.s. im the BIGGEST DBZ fans in the world. I could kick goku's a** any time ;)

Onslaught_2000
03-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi thanks for the advice. I want to create a cool animation like the gif pic from the show but i'm trying to create it as a photo real effect for the model i'm working on. i plan to ceate a clip for it as part of a demo reel i'm working on. Umm Will after effect help me to get that look. Also as a huge DBZ fan why havent you created that effect i would like to see a video tut that shows how to do it, but i have not seen anything online on it. I saw the DBZ games and they recreated thoes effects in 3d, and i have been searching all over, but without any luck on how it is done.

byousif
03-20-2007, 05:49 PM
in the game they simple created meshes and made them really jagged. just look at the aura from the dbz games and model it. shouldnt be too hard. as far as materials go very bright colours with a fall off map in a self ilumation slots to get that transparent look in the middle.

I am a DBZ fan but doesnt mean i want to create that effect! i dont know what you meant by your comment, very bizzare!

youre not going to find a video tutorial of every effect you want to create. try doing it yourself and sharing it with the 3d community.

superhypersam
03-20-2007, 06:27 PM
I was asked the same question by one of my students.

here's a very rough start for u.

byousif
03-20-2007, 07:15 PM
very good job hypersam. good start. yeah kinda simple. model the mesh, animate it (wave is pretty good) and spawn particles either of the shape or from the floor that scale and get smaller. thanks for sharing.

edit: whats even better is if just take the mesh and animate it rotating. gives it more of a 3d edge to it.

Onslaught_2000
03-20-2007, 09:06 PM
superhypersam you rock!
Your quick scene really help alot. I will try and see if i can do the same and get it to look the way i want it thanks for the file on how it's done.

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2007, 09:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.