PDA

View Full Version : sos new flame student need help

NYUStudent
03-20-2007, 12:27 AM
I am new to using Flame 9.0 on Irix, I have used Combustion for a few years and now I am at NYU. I didn't take good notes last semester and I forgot the command to start the software can anyone help me? I open the new shell and enter what? Please can someone help? Thanks, I should have taken better notes, I promise I will start writing everything down.:sad:

DanGrover
03-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I am new to using Flame 9.0 on Irix, I have used Combustion for a few years and now I am at NYU. I didn't take good notes last semester and I forgot the command to start the software can anyone help me? I open the new shell and enter what? Please can someone help? Thanks, I should have taken better notes, I promise I will start writing everything down.:sad:

"To start flame:
1. Log in to the flame user account at your workstation.
2. Open a command shell.
NOTE: When you log in to your workstation, a console shell opens, which displays system
feedback sent from the flame application. Do not use the console to launch flame. Open
another shell using the Toolbox.
3. With the cursor over the shell, type flame.
After a few moments, the Project Management menu appears.
4. Select the project and user you want to use or create new ones."

ftp://ftp.discreet.com/pub2/doc/flame90_user_guide.pdf

thomaspecht
03-24-2007, 09:24 PM
oi, it probably took you longer to write this question than to just have a quick look through the system's /usr-tree and find the startup-script yourself. good luck in learning an application this complex (and confusing, if i may add), better not miss out on taking notes in the future. ;)

9.0 - they sure don't keep up with the updates too well?

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2007, 09:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.