PDA

View Full Version : W.i.p.

Nadz
03-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone,
I need some different eyes to look at this image and tell me what you think it needs.
comments please.
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/9951/redskycity1dq8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

starving_artist
03-20-2007, 02:01 AM
its not a bad start, but i saw three things right off the bat.

1. The building on the left is to red, and the blue at the base ( im guessing is rock) is way to bright for the surrounding environment. I suggest try to match those highlights to those of the mountain in the background
2. The building on the right is to blue ( or bright )
3. the object in the foreground doesnt look natural. Maybe try putting some more grassy/weed elements around it to make it fit in more.

keep it up though you got a decent start, really just looks like some color correction, some matching elements and a little more time is all ya need :)

everlite
03-20-2007, 05:14 AM
Hey there :)

Well a few things stand out.

Composition works fine, however i'd remove the second building to the right, it just doesn't seem to have any purpose.

I'd also stay away from removing iconic buildings like the patronus towers from their native location, it dampens the effect of realism. A little hard to explain, it's like taking the tower of pizza and placing it in a field in the middle of a valley. People would instantly feel it's out of place. Instead try to use two towers that are more generic and less recongisable, you could even modify them slightly to give them a unique edge.

A few problems with the blue as mentioned above.

:thumbsup:

- Dave.

JJASSO
03-20-2007, 08:02 PM
I agree with david about the iconic buildings , if you ever use them ( actually I do ,must of the times ) modify the shape, modify the whole architecture , so people really see more artistic skills in you painting inestead of just copy/paste elements
scale for those towers could be a little wrong for that depth , I can see clearly the lines of each floor try to add more, lots more so it looks really impresive and tall, and if you are using some lights on windows in other buildings add more lights on the towers as well
I would work on aereal perspective, your black levels for the foreground tree and for the background mountains are the same
try to brake that perfect grass line in the horizon with some trees or some fooliage it will add detail to the painting

JJASSO
03-20-2007, 08:12 PM
sorry , duplicated post

Nadz
03-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm going to make some changes and post it soon. It always helps to get a little direction. Appreciate it.

milanschere
03-24-2007, 04:51 PM
one thing that sticks out to me is the resolution of the mountain
in contrast to the sky and the rest of the image.

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2007, 04:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.