PDA

View Full Version : Interactive 3d formats & Axel

bigbackcomics
03-05-2003, 04:14 PM
Hello everyone:

I have had my eye on Mind Avenue's Axel Edge for some time and was wondering if any other Lightwave users have had the opportunity to use/test Axel with Lightwave.

For those who don't know what I am referring to:
http://www.mindavenue.com/en/home/

The product can import Lightwave scenes and or objects (it also has it's own modelling, surfacing, and animation tools) and adds the ability to create fully interactive 3d environments to be used for games, showcases or whatever you can dream up. It also has a toon renderer, wire frame renderer to add a different look(s).

You can create cross-platform projectors from one os version for deployment on cd, and with the aid of a plugin publish to the web.

My question is has anyone tried this product using Lightwave as the source of the 3d content?

It would appear to be a valid alternative to Flash and Director 3d.

Thanks for any feedback.

Rabid pitbull
03-05-2003, 04:57 PM
i have looked at this program and it has made some big improvements since the last version, but....

you cannot import LW bone information or sub-d models. not as lw friendly as i would like it to be.:shrug:

i can live with out the sub-d's since you can freeze objects, but without LW bones/ik importing LW scenes isn't that impressive.

still I am keeping my eye on it since it seems it would be able to create interactive content in several formats relativly easy.

roguenroll
03-05-2003, 06:13 PM
I think swift 3d does similar, export to Flash for Lightwave.

Also reminds me of the sister 3dMax program that does that, don't remember the name.

bigbackcomics
03-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Hi roguenroll:

Swift 3d does export vectors from Lightwave scenes, but there is no interactivity via a scripting language. Just image data in vector format. Having said that, I have been watching this program also!

The 3d max's sister program is called plasma and it exports .w3d or director shockwave files and .swf or flash files. I am not sure how much programming interactivity is included with Plasma?

Thanks,

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.