PDA

View Full Version : Challenge WIP : Joebount

Joebount
01-03-2002, 01:26 PM
Here we go !
6 hours tweaking around max. Standard scanline, sugar free...
Comments are welcome :D

http://joebount.free.fr/challenges/pirate_2.jpg

Golgoth_bla
01-03-2002, 01:39 PM
this a good start, i love the head

maybe the legs must be more thin..like the arms

anyway i like it :)

pascal_blanche
01-03-2002, 01:49 PM
yup, legs thinner and taller (plus grandesa partir du genou quoi) like the style ;)

Joebount
01-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Is it so bad that nobody leave any comments ? ;) If it's the case, please, tell me what to change ! :)
http://joebount.free.fr/challenges/pirate_5.jpg

baby
01-09-2002, 11:18 AM
excellent excellent !!!!

Finally some cartoon characters !!!!
(enfin plein de persos cartoon !!!!!)

Waiting to see him in posing !!!!!
strike the pose...vogue vogue... ?!? :eek:
(j'ai hate de le voir en posing !!!!!)

NB : avec des epaules comme ca tu risques d'avoir des pliures bizarre....la big manche qui rentre dans le corps, mais surtout tes coutures chouettos qui s'etiiiiiiiirent....

NB2 : enfin je dis ca mais j'en sais rien...

NB3 : tu devrais modeliser tes pouces deja un peu pliés et a 45° tu te faciliteras la vie...

NB4 : enfin je dis ca mais j'en sais vraiment rien...

Golgoth_bla
01-09-2002, 12:18 PM
yeap i like it too
i think that will be better with longer, lonnnnger legs than that
and the end of the shoes in "arabian" style..

Joebount
01-09-2002, 12:41 PM
ET ON ME DIT CA MAINTENANT QUE JE M'ATTAQUE AU SKINNING !!!
lol :p (French guy angry because he would have wanted advices and comments sooner because he has already begun his skinning ! lol)

Well, I'll see what I could do but I don't know at all how it will look like with Arabian shoes. I also think that the legs are tooooooooo short and I should revise that too.

Baby, I realized I screwed this part but I will try anyway too see how the mesh will react to the skinning (I think the same, I will have some distortions)

enfin je dis ça mais j'en sais rien... :D

THX anyway for the comments guys ... uh, let me check ... yeah, only French people in this thread !!! Je déclare officiellement cet endroit zone française, territoire officiel des "Fromages qui puent" ! Dis monsieur l'Admin, ça pose pas de problème, hein ? :D

houshi
01-09-2002, 11:28 PM
AHA!! i have broken the french connection heheh......anyway i luv ur character, really cool...

it'll be really funny if he had like a little mouth on the long neck of his....

keep it up man!!!

:)

el gatto
01-10-2002, 02:46 AM
heheh ! It's getting better and better, he's funny looking :) what happened to his tail ? ok I get it it's a Prosthetic part now... original :) I like his vest but Baby's right it might give you headaches (skinning)

bon travail !!! :)

salut

rendermonkey23
01-10-2002, 03:10 AM
What's with all the french?????? If you guys speak english.....right? Then please... speak english. There's just no point. You guy's are commenting on what someone else said in french. Whatever :(

Not trying to be a jerk by the way. :)

bentllama
01-10-2002, 04:35 AM
Tabernac! C'est magnifique!

[I love the necklace!]

C'est une maison du beurre naturellement...poivre le chien dans vert bierre!

:p

Je parle un peu francais...Je parle francais hoirrible.

bentllama
01-10-2002, 04:37 AM
tu pieds horrible...

Joebount
01-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Lol !

bentllama : yeah, of course !!! Switch to English :D

Sorry guys, I just saw that I only had french comments, so that's why I wanted to 'officially' make of this thread a french one ! lol

Sorry guys ! :)

PS : I wouldn't have done that if I had comments from people who don't speak French ;)

Taoizm
01-12-2002, 10:02 PM
I spoke french for 6 weeks in high school. Well, actually I sat there scratching my head while the teacher spoke french. :D

Joe, really amazing work. I really like the cartoony feeling of your character. What is it with you and crazy eyes. :)

Pentagramma
01-13-2002, 01:31 PM
Cool! Yours is the funniest, until now! :cool:

And I really like those details... what are you planning for the skinning/rigging of the cords (is that the word? No portuguese/english dictionary at hand, right now... stupid me...) on the vest?

Also , you should post detail images.

Can´t wait to see him posed!

Joebount
01-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Thanks a lot guys !

Baby :
I think I got it now, just look at my pic and tell me if you see something wrong

El Gatto :
I did the skinning: it works quite good and especially for the pose I wanted to give him

Taoizm :
1° French is hard, German is harder ! ;) .
2° Well, I dunno, I think I spent too much time watching cartoons when I was a kid :D

Pentagramma:
1° I link thoose "coords" (I'm not sure ;) ) to to the vest and I made my skinning (I guess I'll add some secondary movement if I animate it)
2° Well, here is the pose with the magic tool ;) :D :D :D
http://joebount.free.fr/challenges/pirate_6.jpg

Taoizm
01-13-2002, 03:53 PM
LMAO :D The rubber ducky float. Perfect.....

lildragon
01-13-2002, 05:54 PM
LOL!!! now THAT"S ORIGINALITY LOL!!!!

Krep Suzeth
01-15-2002, 07:23 AM
Nice job !
I like the shirt ! and his face :D
Maybe too simetrical ???
I love cartoon caracters !

Krep

epatnor
01-15-2002, 10:09 AM
I'm a cartoon character fan, so this is sweeee-ta!

Nice nice work, this is right up my alley! Of taste..? :)

Lion
01-15-2002, 11:40 PM
This one is just great! Love the cartoon style. Has a Warner Bros. type feel to it. The rubber duck was a absolute great touch!

-JT-
01-17-2002, 03:40 AM
Heheehehe, a good smile to start the day !
Well done it's not so easy to have this "cartoon touch".

dzogchen
01-17-2002, 01:29 PM
This is good! It is not easy to create an effective cartoon character. Now I know why he is so skinny. He don't have a mouth to eat....:eek: :D

pascal_blanche
01-17-2002, 01:37 PM
great character joebount :D

Joebount
01-17-2002, 04:11 PM
Thanks guys, I'm really happy you like it ! I'll try to work a bit on it but I'm not sure I'll have time.

BTW, Lion, yu were right, my inspiration come from the martian in the Warner Bros' cartoons ! :)

vertex
01-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Joebunt, I really like your cartoon approach, the rubber ring is great, I prefer your first render style though, I thought it brought an air of realism to your character.

Great Work

Vertex

Lion
01-20-2002, 01:37 AM
I thought I saw a little of Marvin the Martian in his face. But it looks great Joe. Hopefully you'll be able to continue with him. If not now, in the near future. I'd love to see him at least textured at some point.:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.