PDA

View Full Version : still life: Ant

Max4U
03-05-2003, 04:12 PM
Done using MAX5 and PSP 7.

Nightwing
03-05-2003, 06:27 PM
Very nice :thumbsup:

Never seen a 2-tone ant before, is it endemic to your part of the world? Good work on the materials, and I *love* the little hairs, are those renderable splines or a hair plugin?

Leaf is good, I think the veins emanating from the central bit are perhaps too uniform?

He needs an environment or backdrop, also the lighting could be more dynamic, otherwise I like it lots :D

o-phile
03-05-2003, 06:30 PM
oO
very photo-realistic oO

me likey

FatherGlory
03-05-2003, 06:35 PM
I like the the hairs and surface.

I am not sure if you are shooting for a Photo realistic look or not.
But if you are you might want to change the lighting up a bit The ant has very little shadow or contrast.
Also once a back ground is placed with some lighting changes I think this could be very realistic looking.

:applause:

o-phile
03-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by FatherGlory
I like the the hairs and surface.

I am not sure if you are shooting for a Photo realistic look or not.
But if you are you might want to change the lighting up a bit The ant has very little shadow or contrast.
Also once a back ground is placed with some lighting changes I think this could be very realistic looking.

:applause:

i agree

but still it's spiffy

Max4U
03-06-2003, 03:51 AM
Thank you all !

I used a national geographic picture of a 2-toned ant as my reference. The small hairs on his body was made using shag-hair.
With regards to the shadows, I think you're all right. A little increase may improve the realism.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.