PDA

View Full Version : smoke particles forming a face?

BenDstraw
03-19-2007, 06:28 AM
hi there i was wondering if there is anyway to make smoke that takes the shape of a face in pf

heres an example of what i want. only i want it as smoke.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/bendstraw/mummy99_shot4l.jpg

mistral
03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
i'm wondered too and I would have some other information too...

maybe you could create a face mesh..after this you could create a pF and place particles on face mesh with POSITION OBJECT
and so you should create another pF event for the dust environment...at the end, with afterburn you "shade" the particles events with the same settings to have an uniform particle "surface"

BrandonD
03-19-2007, 11:00 PM
A lot of people don't realize that the Displace space warp works on particles too....

mistral
03-20-2007, 12:16 PM
why lots of people don't realize that?it's too difficult?or is the any other cause?

SoLiTuDe
03-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I think most people just forget about it's existance. :)

mistral
03-21-2007, 04:47 PM
i'm clearly one of that people :):):):)

BenDstraw
03-23-2007, 07:45 AM
thank u i really didnt think about the space warps.

supremepizza
03-26-2007, 11:04 PM
A lot of people don't realize that the Displace space warp works on particles too....Thanks a ton. I didn't even think about that. I was thinking... emmit to the volume. How tough is it to animate the displace and how much control do you have?

grury
03-27-2007, 07:35 AM
Heres a test that I quickly did last week, to test Krakatoa's super powers.
I used an animated greyscale map as emiter for the particles. also tried to use the displace, altho in this case didnt had much to it.

http://www.grury.me.uk/test_krak.mov

For you case u can use this process and then play it backwards, for exemple.

Cheers

PsychoSilence
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
this thread evolves into an interesting topic!

iŽll go on that later this week when i have a minute :)

i have some "fume drives flow drives ab/krakatoa" stuff in mind atm (sam pointed out that approach)...dunno if that flies but worth a try definitly! iŽll let you know about the progress :)

kind regards

anselm

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.