PDA

View Full Version : polycount for portfolio

Parasite7
03-30-2002, 11:13 PM
ok, i was thinking of making a whole bunch of low poly characetrs for my demo reel. i wanted to have all the games in quake 3 so you can see them actually walk around. does it matter if the polycount is like 3-5000? because it won't be online i just want to make a level, have like 8 models walking around. i have a pretty strong system with a geforce4 card. will it be slow, or will it work as long as its not online?

Kenneth J
04-15-2002, 02:56 AM
Well, I don't really know... but I don't think it matters as long as you have a computer that can handle it... I wouldn't try using the models while playing online though :)

Korgath
04-15-2002, 05:33 PM
How are you planning to record it? With the demo function?

Parasite7
04-16-2002, 12:04 AM
i was planning on recording on beta and vhs. and to put some stuff on a webpage and interactive business card cd's. i want to capture some actual gameplay footage but i just want to show the individual characters and their animations by themselves

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.