PDA

View Full Version : Can i have hi-res texture preview in Vue 6 Viewport?

claudiobravo
03-18-2007, 06:18 PM
I have to trace one landscape, to the single three.

I have aero photo of that park and now I should trace paths, few objects and threes and bushes.

I do what I had in 3D studio max, and it's works great because 3D studio max can display texture of very high resolution in view port.

Now, I must add threes and small plants, and went in one studio who owns new Vue 6, but after importing my work in Vue 6, I have just a low res texture preview in Vue's Top view.
When I do render, everything is OK, render is great, but I need high res texture image in View port too, to be able to trace those fine object!

Can you help me? Is it possible in Vue 6 to adjust texture size, like in 3D Studio max?
(Customise/Preferences/Viewports/Display Drivers/Configure Driver/Download Texture Size (Match Bitmap size as Closely as possible)

Thank you!

Cheers
03-19-2007, 12:05 AM
There is no way to adjust viewable texture resolution within the viewports in Vue (unlike Max, C4D etc).
I agree, it can make it very difficult to edit scenes when all that is available are very low res textures displayed within OpenGL.

phamarus
03-19-2007, 02:14 AM
I donīt think thatīs possible directly in vue either..perhaps you should try a different approach..

if you can..make a plane with your reference image on it in another 3d program..max or lightwave for example, and start draw or place out simple reference objects..and then export it to vue
and work from there by replacing your objects with object replace...or paint in ecosystems in those places..

phamarus

claudiobravo
03-19-2007, 03:17 PM
What a pity… It’s really nice program. So it means, you can’t even edit some “config” file?

Anyway, I make a funny workaround.

I trace in Photoshop, red on white and green on white what I need, import that instead of texture on my land, do a “3D trace”, reload texture and that it…. Maybe not most precise way, but I don’t visualize something spectacular too, so this serves its purpose.

Thank you guys very much on your time!

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2007, 03:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.