PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL on both monitors?

fxgogo
03-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Does the G-force 4 TI 4200 support openGL on both monitors in a dual monitor set up.

elvis
03-05-2003, 11:55 AM
yes. remember that twice the monitor space means twice the resolution and twice the fill rate, so your performance will take a hit.

fxgogo
03-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Ok cool. I am prepared for the performance hit, especially to have the extra screen resolution.

GregHess
03-05-2003, 01:28 PM
Make sure the geforce 4 ti has more then one output. Alot of the cheaper models are only HD15 (analog out).

You'll need either the DVI-I/HD15 model (with an adapter) or a Dual DVI-I model to output to both screens.

fxgogo
03-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Yeah I have had the card for a while now. It has the DVI-I/HD15 output ports. I just thought, hey, is this thing accerating both monitors?

GregHess
03-05-2003, 09:24 PM
In the ogl panel of the nvidia rollout, you can choose whether you want single head acceleration or dual head acceleration.

heavyness
03-06-2003, 12:08 AM
"In the ogl panel of the nvidia rollout, you can choose whether you want single head acceleration or dual head acceleration."

in my ogl panal, that option in grayed out with "nView Clone/Span Mode" displayed. does nView automatically accelerate ogl on both? i've tried DuelView and don't like the results, if that is the fix...

CgFX
03-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by GregHess
In the ogl panel of the nvidia rollout, you can choose whether you want single head acceleration or dual head acceleration.

This is only when you are in DualView mode. The above "advanced multi-head support" is only to ensure that you have HW acceleration when the application is split between the two DualView devices. There is a small performance hit for this due to the data being copied over.

nView Span mode has full HW acceleration on both monitors including when split between them with no performance issues.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.