PDA

View Full Version : Saving Displacement map error.

John Keates
03-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm in the last two days of my mudbox trial and I'm not having much luck saving out a displacement map. It seems to go through all the motions and then gives me this:

"Cannot open temporary displacement map C:/MudboxObjects/Monster.tif"

Am I doing something wrong? I have tried different bit-depths and I tried making a file in photoshop to over-write.

Intervain
03-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm having the exact same problem now! I've been baking maps no probs and with this one model the same error appears... tried re-emporting the high res mesh, putting low and high-res in a new scene... nothing works :/

anyone? :D

Iblis
03-30-2007, 05:41 PM
I am having the same problem.

Intervain
03-31-2007, 02:01 AM
well we've installed todays update Mudbox 1.0.6 and it seems to be working fine now... phew... [because to get around the problem we actually imported the high-res mesh to ... wait for it... zbrush and generated a low res version by recreating subdivisions... made me think why I would actually want Mudbox at all if I had to migrate to zbrush to fix my problems! :scream:]

John Keates
03-31-2007, 11:46 AM
My trial of Mud Box ran out a while back and, seeing as I have Zbrush, I am just going to wait for ZB3 for now. Mudbox is certainly nice to paint with and it is great that Zbrush has competition but I wasn't expecting it to have these kinds of issues. However, I am looking forward to seeing what skymatter deliver in the future. Hopefully a trial period of more than 14 days will be amongst the improvements.

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2007, 11:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.