PDA

View Full Version : Microphone modelling [Help]

TNC-Graphics
03-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Need help mostlt with the wire mesh which i'm finding difficult to model since i've only had Cinema 4D for a 6 months but here a reference image of what I want the mesh to look like.

Its model done for a forum that my friend owns but unfortunatley he won't spill his secects..
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n241/tafiola/help.jpg

Per-Anders
03-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Based on the image there's sharp edges, create a new sphere, set it's type to isocahedran, up the segments as much as you need, make it editable, use the extrude inner tool with preserve groups unchecked to extrude the polygons in a very small amount, press teh delete key to delete teh extruded polygons, then use the extrude tool with "Create caps" enabled and give some thickness to the mesh. Done.

Another method is to just make the sphere, select allt he edges, convert them to a spline and use a sweepnurbst o get a mesh result out of it, and another way would be to use the Mocca shrinkwrap deformer to shrinkwrap a series of splines onto your sphere in different directions and create a mesh out of hte result that way.

Sagadur
03-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Another option might be to use the above mentioned sphere and put it into an atom-array. Ajust the two radii to the same value and drop subdivisions to 4. But all this might result quite a bundle of polygons you don't really need.

TNC-Graphics
03-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks alot it worked much appreciated.

GruvDOne
03-19-2007, 04:53 PM
It would be much more efficient to use an alpha texture rather than try to model it.

TNC-Graphics
03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
I found a plugin call Steelweave and i was wondering if anyone new how to mold it in a sphere? Its a rectangle wire mesh at the moment.http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n241/tafiola/mesh.jpg

vid2k2
03-22-2007, 11:17 PM
I've done mic meshes with a tex and alpha.
Atom Ray works well too but without the "weave".

Edit:
Displacement wasn't available when the first render was done :)
Added some displacement for the second image.

TNC:
Do you have a link for steelweave ?

TNC-Graphics
03-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I've done mic meshes with a tex and alpha.
Atom Ray works well too but without the "weave".

Edit:
Displacement wasn't available when the first render was done :)
Added some displacement for the second image.

TNC:
Do you have a link for steelweave ?

That a perfect exapmle on the thumbnail on the right how can i do i do something like that?

tonare
03-24-2007, 06:38 AM
I found a plugin call Steelweave and i was wondering if anyone new how to mold it in a sphere? Its a rectangle wire mesh at the moment.

Can you tell me where to get this plug-in?

Looks like a really cool toy and a big timesaver.:)

TNC-Graphics
03-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Can you tell me where to get this plug-in?

Looks like a really cool toy and a big timesaver.:)

I searched mesh on forum search found a link taht directed me to this plugin but try google " cinema 4D steelweave plugin" that works too gd luck

vid2k2
03-27-2007, 03:54 PM
TNC:

Nope, google your way doesn't work.
WRT the mic render, just use a weave tex with an alpha.
Using atom ray duplicates what your first post queried,
per example below.

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2007, 03:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.