PDA

View Full Version : b-17 nose art

morphius-ms
03-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Hello,

I am in the process of making a 3d representation of the b-17 that my grandfather "went down" in, in WWII, where he then became a prisoner of war in germany.

There weren't too many references of the nose art but here is the one that I used as a reference when making my reproduction.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m28/morphius_ms/f10a.jpg

From this photo I reproduced what I believe is a very good representation of that nose art.

Here is the picture:
http://www.lonewolfmodeling.com/images/shehastanoseart.jpg

I would greatly appreciate it if I could get any critiques.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

morphius-ms
03-20-2007, 01:28 AM
bump... I would really like some pointers/critiques please. I realize that people are busy with their own stuff but I really want this to look good. So could someone give me a couple of pointers?

Goliath
03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
alright.. when I see the old picture, there are some outlines that are alot darker than what you have reproduced.

And the jawbone-line from the neck to the ear is straight, you have drawn a corner wich isn't there. that looks wierd (I guess you try making a straight picture that isnt folding around the plane, but work on the head again)

morphius-ms
03-20-2007, 07:23 PM
thanks for the reply... yeah I was having problems with the jaw line... when I looked at it from afar it looked ok but when I looked at it close up it was a little off.. what I did when I made it was did an outline of the original picture... and then I stretched the head to get more of a flat picture and worked from that outline... Now that I look at it the jaw line isn't that sharp though I wouldn't call it a straight one... I will work on that tonight after I get off work...

As for the lines... thanks for pointing them out I didn't notice... I was working from a higher contrast version of it... and I thought it looked ok... I guess I was off from the original...I'll re work those and re post it.

Thanks again for the reply I would like to see what other people think as well. keep them coming

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2007, 07:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.