View Full Version : Creator's animation help
Guys I will be posting a lot of things and since this is the best CG forum I can find I might as well post animations for the animation gurus to critique.....
My walk cycles... I need help to see whether the hip is moving correctly....
04-04-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm still practicing and learning walk cycles myself, but there is something I can point out. I think the tilt of the hip is correct, but I think that when the leg is passing, the hip should translate to the direction of the leg that is holding the weight. So if leg left is lifting, the hips should move towards where the right leg to counterbalance.
The speed of the walk seems a little too slow to me, so I'd make it a 1 second cycle or a 1.5 second cycle. But maybe you made it slow purposely for us to see the mechanics of your walk? Keep practicing and you'll definitely improve.
's the first comment I have ever receive in a long time while..... I will try my best to post more....
Yah I made it slow purposely for your guys to see the mechanics of walking.
"So if leg left is lifting, the hips should move towards where the right leg to counterbalance."
err that means I should rotate it at ???
04-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey TTYO...that seems like a nice start for the walk.
Ther's few things i feel would like to point.
1) First of all u need to work on your curves, the ease in-outs. The character seems to be gown down slow and coming up fast. May be its based on the kind of character ur working on but generally it happens the opposit. The body will come up to its peak position slower than gown down towards gravity.
2) Work on the looping of the graphs. Turn on the infinite view of the cycles urves and check if they loop properly.
3) The rotation on pelvis should pop rather than taking the weight of the body slowly.
4) when the feet comes to the contact position, the heels should touch first followed by the ball and toe. A lil bit of offset should work fine.
5) I am not sure but have u worked upon then rotation of ball on the feet ?
These points are what i feel. Goodluck..hoping to see the complete body walk soon.
ok check my old animations on my site. Of course these were done in 2006..... a year ago....
04-05-2007, 01:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.