PDA

View Full Version : How can I map a 3d female model for texturing?

KaiserAdler
03-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Hy there!

I have made a 3d female model , but I have no ideea on how should I map it.And my question has actually two sides :
1.What software/feature should I use?
2.What method should I use?
Now I know that I will need the pelt mapping method.But how I do that and with what?
Right now I can use either the Unwrap UVW feature from 3D Studio Max , either the UVMapper.In both of them I know how to map simple models , but not a human model.
I have also tried a demo of Body Paint 3D 2 , but the tutorials I have found are not very explanative and I could not find my way around.I have also tried Wings3D wich has a very complex tutorial on the net on this subject , but for reasons unknown to me and unknown to them (when I have asked) the software is not working for me as it should.
I want to know , it can be done with Unwrap UVW?
And if yes , how?
Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

dablik
03-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey Alexandru, browse www.free3dtutorials.com (http://www.free3dtutorials.com) and maybe you will find something useful :)

KaiserAdler
03-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Thank you!
I didn't knew that the site even exists!

cage3d
04-02-2007, 06:36 PM
great website link! Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2007, 06:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.