PDA

View Full Version : Models

homerss9
03-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi
I have been looking at turbosquid.com because I need to download some really high quality models such as fighter jets, humvees and artillery guns. Does anyone know where I can get really high quality models of the vehicles I just mentioned but for free as they are so expensive on that webiste?

They must be compatible with 3Ds Max 9.

Thanks

Goon
03-17-2007, 01:41 AM
Dude, people spent lots of time and considerable effort making those. If you find some for free, cool. But there's no reason for people to share beyond being insanely generous. So you can either: purchase a model library like poser, purchase the specific models off turbosquid, or learn to make them yourself.

Sorry if that's a jackass response, I just get the gimme free stuff vibe from your post.

lachey25
03-17-2007, 02:24 AM
well said goon!

that is all....

homerss9
03-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi
Thats fair.

Could you please tell me if there are any fairly cheap military packs out there as that is what I need?

newellteapot
03-17-2007, 12:16 PM
It is extremely difficult to find something like that for free. Luckily, as I'm a modeler, and it is with modeling that I make a living :)
Well, it takes ages to model that kind of things, cannot see how you could find them for free, very unlikey.

homerss9
03-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Ok

Well does anyone know where I could get a Military model pack that is high quality as that is what I need?

ctrl+S
03-17-2007, 01:25 PM
you might try these guys:

http://gunpoint-3d.com/custom.html

Not sure if they're still in the biz cuz it says the CD is no longer available...I guess you can download them directly though.

Google '3ds models' 3ds tanks' etc.

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2007, 01:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.