PDA

View Full Version : Skin wrap??

rubber-chicken
03-16-2007, 03:47 PM
hi

i'm currently trying to add some floating eye brows to a character face which is all rigged and has a number of morphs.

i thought the easest way would be to take the faces from the brow area model, duplicate them as another model and move them slighty away from the head mesh (so they are floating) then apply a texture to it.

I then thought appling a skin wrap to the brow mesh and selecting the main head as the deformation would move the brows when a brow movement morph target is applied to the main mesh.

my problem is, that it deforms in the viewport fine and follows the head, but when i render it jumps back to its original position, and also when i close the render window and click in my viewport.

i have a turbo smooth modifier on my base head set to work only at render time

unfortunatly i cant show any images as its for work :(

hope someone out ther can help... please

chris

marktsang
03-17-2007, 04:29 PM
hi there,
you are changing the topology of the model so skinwrap no longer bids the model to the head. what you can do to fix it

1. leave as is and point cache the brows before render
2. set the iterations in turbosmooth and not at rendertime so the model is subdivied before being added as a skinwrap target (not recommended)
3. make a clone of the head mesh that is the skinwrap target - make it non-renderable - and remove the turbo smooth altogether - bind the brows to this instead

cheers,
mark

rubber-chicken
03-19-2007, 10:28 AM
thanks man i'll give that a go

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2007, 10:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.