PDA

View Full Version : First game model wip

gu3
03-05-2003, 01:08 AM
hey guys, please take a look at my first attempt at modeling/texturing and tell me what you think...the only thing that is close to being done is the face. Most of the texture is till pretty loose and needs to be tightened up. (i also have imperfectly mirrored it out of lazyness)
I would really like to know all the tips and tricks guys are using in photoshop to acheive that "professional" look that experianced skinners use...especialy for a good worn metal look. All the textures I have including the little scratches are hand done, and no filters/effects are used just becuase I dont know a better way to do it.
thanks for any help/advice:buttrock:

gu3
03-05-2003, 01:17 AM
how are people posting pics bigger than the 20,000 limit? and how do you make a decent looking/decent sized pic under that limit?? Im sorry about these pics crappy quality...but im used to the bigger limit this site used to have...

mage111
03-05-2003, 05:20 AM
hey my only crit is the eyes, they just dont do anything for me.

other then that, i love the concept and design of him :-)
well done

FatherGlory
03-05-2003, 02:03 PM
I am liking the direction you are going.
How many polygons are you shooting for?
Just wondering cause the character seems a bit low in a few spots. Then again depends what type of game he is going to be used for :p

The texture base is looking good. I like the Muscle definition in the chest area. I usually paint my Textures too in greyscale first then use Overlay and Multiplier layers in photoshop to start painting the colors in.

My only big crit on the character is the shoulder armor seems a bit too big and overpowering for the model. (its just a personal opinion you may be shooting for a certain style)

:thumbsup:

gu3
03-05-2003, 08:26 PM
yes, the eyes definitely need some tweaking. They look pretty horrible from the angle that I rendered it at in the close up.:annoyed:

Father Glory-
As far as the poly count, I was shooting for around 1500 as I worked on it, but it ended up being a little over 1700,which I figured was still "low enough". By saying that he "looks a bit low in some spots", are you saying that I should have spent less polys in some areas and put more in areas like the hands, or that the model is generally low poly looking?

Thanks alot for the input so far, guys. I will post an update soon...

:)

gu3
03-07-2003, 11:43 PM
hello. ive tightend some parts up, such as the boots, the eyes and hair, and other stuff that I cant even remember. here are some more pics. If someone can tell me how to post better quality pics in the 20000 kb limit, please let me know.

Thanks for any crits/comments...:)

gu3
03-07-2003, 11:45 PM
also, how do i get these pic so that they show up with out haveing to click on a link?

gu3
03-07-2003, 11:47 PM
another

Tylak
03-08-2003, 01:11 AM
to post larger image files you need to use your own webspace. Use tags for your URL so that your pics will show up on the page.

I like the face, but the body seems kinda rigged, but it might just be your modeling pose.

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.