PDA

View Full Version : Lost my middle mouse button

Vitalef
03-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Crazy, lost the use of my middle mouse button. I can no longer roll it to zoom or press it with alt to rotate. Makes navigation very challenging. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm about to re-install max. Working in max 8

Thanks

Frank

ps. this happend a bit ago, I went to the viewports tab in prefs, switched from "middle button zoom to scroll and then back" then it seemed to work fine. Now nothing seems to be working.

Vitalef
03-16-2007, 07:26 AM
In case anybody else has this problem.

You have to set your middle mouse button (in the logitech controller app) to "other" then Max uses it properly.

I do not know how this go switched but it did, everything works fine now.

Frank

foreverendering
07-28-2007, 06:14 AM
Thanks for posting the solution! This just started happening to me and your information saved me a lot of headaches

opreska
08-19-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm having the same problem. I can zoom with my scroll wheel, but, when I hold down alt and try to flip my view around, I just get an arrow with a minus symbol below it- for my cursor.

BTW,
I'm not using a Logitech mouse, I'm assuming that's what you meant by switching the buttons around in the Logitech menu....

opreska
09-27-2007, 02:54 AM
FYI
I fixed my problem by shutting down my computer. Not restarting, but an actual shutdown.
Must have been a driver issue....

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2007, 02:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.