PDA

View Full Version : Short Film and Dialogue Test! Whoopee!

Chodo
03-16-2007, 03:39 AM
Hi everybody!
Been visiting this site for a while now and finally put a couple of my animations on the net.

I'm just learning Maya (finally) and this is the first dialogue test I've ever done. The sound seems a bit off on Youtube stuff but it'll have to do for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQmbClAa-NU

Also put up a short I did a couple years ago in school. Nothing huge, took me about a month from start to finish, but I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-IymMN1_hg

Any comments or critiques would be awesome. Hopefully be posting more soon. Thanks!

animatty
03-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Looks great man!! Keep em comin'

Norl
03-16-2007, 07:25 PM
That's pretty good, hope to see more.

Fung-Destin
03-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Nice dialogue, I like the subtleties on the facial expresisons and the way the whole body shifts when he's saying "throw a lasso and pull it down", and also the the way his finger plays at "that's a pretty good idea".

look forward to more works from u!

richardoud
03-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Dude, really nice animation on the dialogue test.. nice subtle acting and timing! I really liked the hand animation.. Good stuff!

patfour
03-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Nice job! The lip sync is great; the only thing that bothered me slightly was that the pointing motion when he says, "You want the moon?" seemed choppy due to its speed. You might want to try slowing that down by just a frame or two, but then again, it could just be the Youtube video quality that made it seem too fast.

The Crossing Guard was very cute and funny; I have no animation critiques for it. My only suggestion would be in the area the sound design: I think the vehicles would fit in the space better if we heard their beepings a few frames before they appeared on screen, giving the audience a splitsecond, perhaps subconscious anticipation of their entrance. But that's really just a stylistic choice, and I enjoyed the short just fine the way it is.

Chodo
03-18-2007, 11:57 PM
hey thanks for the comments guys. And patfour just so you know you're absolutely right about the sound delay but unfortunately that's also a youtube issue. The sound does actually come in a bit before you see the car in the actual film but for some reason on youtube it's a little late throughout the whole thing and it gets worse towards the end. I'll have to get my own website sooner or later.

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2007, 11:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.