PDA

View Full Version : best graphic tablet for under 150 bucks(U.S)hey guys

shashi
03-04-2003, 11:30 PM
hey guys
can any one of ya tell me just which tablet i should be going for
i have read 2 many reviews and right now my brain is sooooo stir fried...
i hear the graphire 2 is good but i am a bit apprehensive about the small (4x5) space it offers..
is that really small or am i just imagining things
the main use for the tablet would be for texturing my characters (3d)
thanks in advance

www.webshots.com
www.picsearch.com
for some quick pic searches

CGmonkey
03-05-2003, 12:17 AM
Keep to one thread only.. :] pls

KazuyaMochu
03-05-2003, 12:31 AM
I have a wacom table, a graphire2 and I thinks it very good.

I've used oder sizes and I prefer the small ones.

that is, because of the movements you will have to be doing with your hands. If you move widelly, it will be hard to keep the accurecy. with a smaller space, you get great precision.
plus, you don't have to move your arm much.

In a oil painnting, you can get way with distorted lines, but when texturing, specially being texture size so constricting, you need to focus.

belive me, small drawing spaces, with a pencil, are bad, but with a wacom tablet is quite good! thake my word for it! you won't be disapointed.

this is exacly what I was told before I bought mine, and it s the truth.

Kazuya Mochu

gaggle
03-05-2003, 01:32 PM
People like small, and people like big :). I'm a big-wacom likee myself for what it's worth, I'm of the opinion that these babies will last quite a few years, so you might as well buy the right one now, instead of ending up wanting to upgrade within half a year or whatnot.

I've tried the small ones, and they're perfectly functional, don't get me wrong, but I enjoy the resolution and feel of the.. er.. I think it's a 9x12" I have here. They're not overly large like you can end up with if you go for even bigger sizes, ie. there's still room for a keyboard nearby. Imo of course.. just offering another perspective of things.

Well yeah, so that's my take on it.

shashi
03-06-2003, 01:58 AM
thanks guys
so a wacom graphire2 it is
i guess u really dont know unless u try it
i am getting a 7 day refund offer with it (which i dont think i will
be using after all :))

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.