PDA

View Full Version : best graphic tablet for under 150 bucks(U.S)??

shashi
03-04-2003, 10:25 PM
hey guys
can any one of ya tell me just which tablet i should be going for i have read 2 many reviews and right now my brain is sooooo stir fried...
i hear the graphire 2 is good but i am a bit apprehensive about the small (4x5) space it offers..
is that really small or am i just imagining things
the main use for the tablet would be for texturing my characters (3d)
thanks in advance

www.webshots.com
www.picsearch.com
for some quick pic searches

Gilgamesh
03-04-2003, 10:55 PM
I went through the same process and ended up with the graphire 2, and I wasn't dissapointed. It actually isn't as small as it sounds. Unless you are used to drawing on a huge sheet of paper, or you plan on spanning it across two monitors, it should be fine. Next time you are using your mouse, pay attention to how much you actually move it. Usually it isn't that much. Besides, you can always zoom it in to define a smaller space on your screen.
Anyway, Wacom's a good way to go.

shashi
03-06-2003, 01:02 AM
thanks dude
so a graphire 2 it is

Rizzo
03-06-2003, 01:34 AM
Heya...

I was going for the same tablet... I read some reviews too but didnt know if i should get this one...

but now I going for it... thanx for this thread !!! :beer:

duncanjm
03-06-2003, 05:41 AM
I have a Wacom Intuos II 6 x 12, and I feel that it would still be OK if it were 4 x 5. (Of course it is nice to have the bigger model, but I can often draw in just one section of the tablet just fine.)

Wacom tablets (Intuos, Graphire) are very cool. Don't delay in getting one as long as I did or you will kick yourself!

:)

duncanjm
03-06-2003, 05:42 AM
....Ah that should be 6 x 9! not 6 x 12 (no such thing!).

jeroentje
03-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Wacom Graphire 2 (100 EUR here in Holland, and should cost about $ 100 in the USA).

Btw, let's keep the tablet questions in the hardware forum ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.