PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel

christian108
03-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Hello,
Here is my recent website and demo reel. www.matteartist.com

I am available for either full time or freelance work.

Thank you kindly for the critique that has helped me pull this together.

~Christian

Artbot
03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Christian, this is some really solid work. You have great understanding of balace, lighting and atmosphere. I love the "making of" time-lapses in your reel. The only thing that jumped out at me was the parallaxing on the distant buildings/clouds in the prison image. It's too much movement against the sky for buildings at that distance. Great work, regardless.

And hey, I used to live right up the road from you in El Cerrito!

christian108
03-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Thank you very much for your kind words. I appreciate the feedback!

:) Christian

everlite
03-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey,

Nice work mate, clean and solid. Like the first and third one, the second one has a few problems. Overall very good. Only crit, a little on the slim side, be nice to see more :-) Oh and the download time for me took about 20 minutes! on 8mb connection. Could be just me.

Oh and nice one on getting the URL, no mistaking what you do :-)

- Dave. :thumbsup:

christian108
03-20-2007, 02:41 AM
hey Dave, thanks for the reply. Yeah i am not sure about the download times. I posted on mattepainting.org and someone mentioned it took about 3 min and another time said it was under 1. It is 73 mb after all (the QT file), but the flash is the same quality and very quick i think.

Anyways thanks for your input, appreciate the feedback.

Christian

milanschere
03-24-2007, 04:38 PM
i watched and enjoyed your reel.
one thing, your mattes seem like illustrations.
even though you have movment in the atmosphere sometimes,
all the water is always still, not moveing, flickering or anything at all.
it is really nice work and one can tell how much you like what you do.

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2007, 04:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.