PDA

View Full Version : Multiple curves under one transform node?

Wagster
03-15-2007, 04:30 PM
This is probably a basic question, but it's stumping me. I'm making curve handles for character rigs. When I look at other people's rigs they have their curves under a single transform node so that you can't select any single curve without selecting all of them. How do you do that? When I try to move a curve under another curve's transform node in the Outliner the transform node it's originally paired with always wants to go along.

Tornado7
03-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi, I'm not pretty sure to understand your problem, but maybe selecting your curves and the grouping (ctrl+g) them together can solve your problem.... so selecting the group you can select all the curves.

I hope this can help

Wagster
03-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks, Tornado7. Somebody at another forum gave me a solution so I'll share it here.

What I'm looking to do is a little more complicated than just a group. When you group a number of curves the transform nodes go with them... you can still select parts of the group seperately, which doesn't make them very useful as handles. I want to put a number of curves under just one transform node.

This guy told me that you can do it with MEL. Here's the line...

parent -add -s curveShape2 curve1

The last two terms are replaced by the names of the nodes you're working on. Two little tricks... you should freeze transformations first on both nodes, because the curve will take on the transformations of the transform node. And also, you have to delete the curve that is left after you do this.

Does anyone know anyway to do this other than MEL?

ChapmanMs
03-23-2007, 04:19 AM
select the shapes first, Then select the target transform
and make a shelf icon

parent -r -s

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2007, 04:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.