PDA

View Full Version : Old Shovel, Rafael Rossetti Almeida (3D)

Surturiel
03-15-2007, 03:14 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/222665/222665_1173971667_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/222665/222665_1173971667_large.jpg)

Title: Old Shovel
Name: Rafael Rossetti Almeida
Software:

I've tried to create a shovelhead HD in a old fashioned style, but ended up with something between a old school and a pro-street HD...
Anyway, it took me 3 months of job, but I seldon worked in it...

I keep very troubled in Lightning/render, but tried anyway... Any crits wold be welcome

winkytct
03-15-2007, 07:53 PM
good modeling, i like it much but that front wheel looks like it belongs to a monster truck or what... and a normal bike dont needs a podium to stay right... ...

(my oppinion..)

winkytct
03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
u used an image or what cuz im still lookin at this pic but the more im looking i find other problems..... (i ve a real bike....)

ChrisPoole
03-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Well I for one think it looks awesome, I'm not a modeller but I know whats invovled, I've ridden bikes for 26 years and still do and it looks great to me.

Surturiel
03-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, Wikytct, the front wheel is just a plain old 80 spoke 21" steel wheel, very common in old-fashioned choppers... not much "monster-truck" like (I didn't understand why...). And Harleys do need a podium to stay "vertical" (it is very normal in studio shots to use a small alluminium billet-crafted cylinder...)
And All the components ( except the tank and the rear fender that are "custom" ) where modeled used the real components of various brands of custom-components for HDs...
I've "crafted" this model more or less the same way Old-school HD owners or customizers , not one still... ( Maybe for that the result was kinda "diverse" from the planned, as often happens in custom/chopper/hot-rod world, but is what I expect to look...)
Anyway, Thanks a Lot for the crits... If someone can help to "teach" render and-or illuminate techniques I would appreciate very much...
And yes, ChrisPoole, is very "complicate" to understand a biker-chopper-easy rider-hell angel or something for outsiders... My old guy is an "Abutre" ( a kind of Braziilian "Hell angel")
and I breathe this air since childhood... my main hobby was to paint and clean old bikes and cars...

edcorusa
03-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Great job. Really good detail modeling. I have also seen large wheels on chopper, but most of the time they are of the smaller kind. My only crit would be that the texturing of the motor just does not have a real look to me. I am not sure if it is the lighting and camera angle of the the texture its self. The rest looks really good. Agian great job.

utak3r
03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Modelling is really well done, good job on it. Texturing could be better, especially some motor parts... but hell, the model takes it all :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.