PDA

View Full Version : which one is better? vue 5 or vue 6

sunlite
03-15-2007, 12:59 PM
hi,

yeah i know. the latest version of e-onsoftware's vue has a lot of advantages like drawing objects and a better render engine. but in my opinion i think vue 5 infinite did a better renderjob. rendering is faster and the quality better in vue 5. on vue 6 i think it takes to long to render a picture with global illumination and gbuffer. on vue 5 i had better results (graphic) without global illumination. but if i turn off the gi-function in vue6 the result is really bad.
do i do anything wrong, or what is it? i never got the warning: "out of memory" on vue 5 while populate some objects on my procedural terrain. on vue 6 i got it. what do you think about this new version? advantages and disadvantages.

mwalter1
03-15-2007, 02:00 PM
What build number of Vue 6 Infinite are you using? Do you have the final release with the new patch? Some people are getting out of memory errors; I'm not with the new patch. Things are getting pretty stable for me. The patch is still beta, so there will be more fixes coming out.

As far as render speed and quality, Vue 6 has more bells and whistles, so you have to adjust more things in the atmosphere editor and render setting to get a good output. Using just a standard atmosphere, Vue 6 is quicker to render than Vue 5. The spectral atmospheres do look great, but as with all things, there is a price. You need to increase the AA settings higher to get less grain, so the render time increases. Vue 6 also has some new AA settings - make sure to check the manual.

sunlite
03-22-2007, 06:33 PM
hi mwalter1,

thx for your answer. the problem is, i use vue 6 xstream on the universitie's computers. so i am not able to change anything. but it's the final release. i had the error about "no memory", too, while trying to set an ecosystem. the patch you wrote about ... is it for free? i need to ask the universitie's administrator to use this patch to solve this prob.

thank you, mwalter1

mwalter1
03-23-2007, 01:52 PM
The patches are always free. Not sure if Xtream had a patch, but Vue 6 Infinite has had two patches since the "final" release. Both are still beta, but have fixed a lot of problems.

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2007, 01:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.