PDA

View Full Version : Doom III

adam|zeliasz
03-04-2003, 08:31 PM
I'm beginning a venture on developing a mod for DOOM III. Does anyone have any articles|comments about the poly count of the engine, specifically player models?

Thanks.

CGmonkey
03-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Well, I wish I could post my private ICQ history.. but I can't. But basicly the polycount on the models are around 2,500 and the models are generated with normal mapping (common knowledge).

I think you should calm down since there's no sure way to create the models and levels etc.. (I've heard a rumour though that the doom 3 level editor comes with the showcase version from e3 expo, but that is nothing you should consider since the levels most probably not be compatible with the commercial version of doom 3).

Hmm fred nilsson @ id sais that doom 3 will be highly compatible with modifiing. I'll give you one very, very usable tip.. Spend the time that's left untill doom 3 releases to pre-production (writing design doc, technicial specification, find staff etc).

Well good luck anyway..

By the way.. if it's serious you can contact me because I've expirmented with normal mapping pretty much. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.