PDA

View Full Version : tooltip too small

beau
03-15-2007, 02:14 AM
Is there any way I can change the tooltip size?
The tooltip look very small and jagged.

Thanks

Improv
03-15-2007, 03:03 AM

Thanks

What screen resolution are you using with Painter?

1024x768?
1280x1024?
1600x1200?

beau
03-15-2007, 05:38 AM
I'm using it on 24" @ 1920x1200

Philippec
03-15-2007, 07:56 PM

Unfortunately, no :-(

With higher and higher resolution screens, I think that bitmap-based UIs (like Painter) will see some significant transformations in the years to come...

antlab
03-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately, no :-(

With higher and higher resolution screens, I think that bitmap-based UIs (like Painter) will see some significant transformations in the years to come...

Actually, I was thinking about buying a new monitor, probably a 22" with resolution of 1680*1050. At present I use Painter IX with an old CRT 19", at 1024*768, and the UI dimensions are quite good. Do you think that with the higher resolutions my sight will suffer too much? Which do you think is the ideal couple size-resolution for the Painter interface?
Regards

Antonino

tomt
03-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Beau, why can't you turn down the monitor resolution. I'm sure there are ways to do this. I have a Dell 24" and know I can, although I'm using it for a display, not for working with Painter or any other graphic programs. As I recall, you had a lot of presets available.

antlab
03-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Beau, why can't you turn down the monitor resolution. I'm sure there are ways to do this. I have a Dell 24" and know I can, although I'm using it for a display, not for working with Painter or any other graphic programs. As I recall, you had a lot of presets available.

The problem is that with LCD monitors the maximun resolution is also the OPTIMAL resolution. Usually turning down the resolution in LCDs results in images quite blocky and pixelated. This is just a very well known advantage of CRT monitors, where decreasing the resolution doesn't involve a minor quality.

Philippec
03-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Beau, why can't you turn down the monitor resolution. I'm sure there are ways to do this.

I know I don't want to turn down the monitor resolution. I paid for a 20" display, I'm going to use all the pixels on it!

I agree that at higher resolutions, Painter's UI starts to be too small to use. To be fair, that will be true of a lot of graphics programs that rely on non-resizable floating palettes. High-res displays are coming!

Philippe

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2007, 01:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.