PDA

View Full Version : maya bones

refract
03-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Is there a way to get maya 8.5 to only show the bones i have selected?.. if i click on the root it looks like i have all the bones selected,... instead of just one.

.... and I have to keep the Hypergraph open to tell what is selected.

There has got to be a way to do it... mel?

captainboom
03-15-2007, 03:17 AM
I am using 7 , You have to hold the "shift key " and the select the Joints , or you can right click and Click Select Heirarchy...there is a mel command as well but can't remeber it off the top of my head...

Hope this Helps

Jason

refract
03-15-2007, 07:17 PM
I know about the shift key,.. I don't think you understand what I am saying........the problem is that when I select one bone it highlights about 20 other bones in the viewport.
Its extremely hard to see what you have selected.
I really do not know why Maya would do this. If you have ever used 3dmax, you select a bone and only the one you have selected is highlighted.

captainboom
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
It tells you in the Channel box what joint you have Secleted...if you click on one Joint they all Highlight Green. but you still only have one Joint Selected (it is highlighting all the joints in the Hierarchy under it)...I guess it is a Maya thing. I have never worked in Max...

Later
Jason

akeissami
03-20-2007, 07:11 AM
There has got to be a way to do it... mel?As far as I know, there's no way to change this using mel, I've looked but to no avail. I really do not know why Maya would do this.Well one reason is that if you delete the bone, it will delete the connected heirarchy below with it. I don't like this behavior in Maya either but at least the highlighting is consistent with the action.

refract
03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Maybe with the bone you have selected, have mel create a renderable spline along the length of the bone and color it differently? Especially for skinning this would be very helpful.
I'm going to a mel class next week, if i make up something i'll share.
:)

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2007, 06:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.