PDA

View Full Version : Night city concept

kbarts
03-14-2007, 04:55 PM
I am not a matte painter, but i was asked to paint a night city for a Star Wars fan film.
I know the buildings are too earth like.

Done in photoshop about 5 hours.

http://kbarts.hu/tmp2/nite02_s.jpg

byvfx
03-15-2007, 12:48 AM
i like this piece, i like composition on it, and color palette. lots of cool details might be fun to add a couple quick ships in the mix too :)

kbarts
03-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Thanks your reply! There will be ships and smoke and i do know what else... I am waitning too what will be the final composition.

crazybread
03-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Preety Nice. A few suggestions if I may: Buildings are great but I believe should be taller. I would think about adding more lights in the background, as well as in the front buildings you might wanna think about trying to retouch some of the dark windows, so that some light is present in all those darker rooms, this will hopefully create a little more depth. Also I know this might be a comp thing but perhaps try a layer of glow from all theese lights. Very good painting over all though. :thumbsup:

Artbot
03-15-2007, 09:51 PM
This is looking really nice. The only odd thing that jumps out at me is that the groupings of the buildings is too regular and repetitive. I count 4 groups of 3 buildings each, and all 3 in each group are essentially the same height. I would vary their heights more so the groupings are less apparent. Overall, the window lights are nicely done, but I agree there could be more, and maybe taller, buildings. Those SW landscapes are absolutely littered with buildings.

JJASSO
03-16-2007, 07:19 AM
nice concept and execution, I see some lines a little bit off in prespective, also I think you need to integrate all in one single exposure, color palette is good but I would do lights a little bit more green-yellow than orange , try to attach to real photo reference you will get all much better, and will be better, I agreee about the buildings should be taller I guess this will have some flying traffic that will make it look very dynamic
keep it up ,

kbarts
03-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks your suggestions! I will try it. About the traffic: It will be added when the animator will render the final composition.

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2007, 10:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.