PDA

View Full Version : vineyard

MellowFellon
03-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Does anybody know where I can get a model of a 3d grapevine, or at least a rpc or texture like got3d has? I have to do a 3d vineyard for a farmer, and its not paying that well, so I thought a texture would work fine.

inguatu
03-14-2007, 05:47 PM
as a last resort you can always google for vineyard pictures.... mask out the backdrop and use that.

pcbyers
03-15-2007, 05:00 AM
If you've got Vue, you should be able to browse the libraries, find something in the ballpark, and adjust it until it looks like a vine. Honestly, I'm buying Vue in part because I'm sick of using RPC's and I've frustrated myself way too much trying to make decent foliage. The Cornucopia3D site has a bunch of models people have posted that are fairly cheap.

I'll tell you my "cheap student solution" I came up with on a school project. Go out to an alley or park and find some hanging vines. If you can tear them down, lay some on concrete and photograph them. If you can't, take a photo of them with short depth of field, so the background blurs out. Either way, you want a distinct background you can cut out in Photoshop.

Hope that helps

MellowFellon
03-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Ya I hav Vue, but I havent checked in the lib yet. Ill have a look on cornicopia too. Thanks for the tips!

mwalter1
03-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Here's another possibility - Ivy generator is a free PC program. You should be able to make your own leaf texture.

Take any object and generate ivy climbing around it and then export as obj. See the Cinema 4D forum for some examples of people trying it out.

http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2007, 02:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.