PDA

View Full Version : Uv

JacquesD
01-03-2002, 09:05 AM
Hi,
Does anyone know a good way or a good plugin to unfold a character face keeping the right proportions so that you can just make a print screen and paint it in Photoshop?
I've tried all the UV type in the modeler but none gave me a good results.
I've also read some tutorials but none of them were really good.
Very few gave some results but it seems to me that It'd take about a day to achieve these results.
I'd like to find an easy and fast way to achieve that.

Thanks in advance.

Bytehawk
01-03-2002, 02:41 PM
If you want a good capture you can always bake the object, that way you get a better idea how it will look.

I often use beking to get the gritty look with low radiousity, mix that in with some creative texturing, look on my website under wip for an example.

Deeppaint is great for texturing heads and other stuff. A bit steep in price but well worth it if you do a lot of that stuff.

Cheers

ambassador
01-03-2002, 02:53 PM
yeah, deep paint will do what you want...even though its sometimes a pain in the ass to use, thats why i only suggest you purchase it if your doing character work, if not, then you really dont need it.

I belive they just came out with a new version just for LW which should be better than the last version.

JacquesD
01-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Ok, I'll try Deep Paint then. I think they have demo version available.
Thanks guys, really appreciate.

cerreto
01-03-2002, 07:41 PM
there is a free utility called uv mapper also that lets you drag and rearange the uv s do a search at google for uv mapper by steve cox i belive

JacquesD
01-03-2002, 07:44 PM
2 Solutions are better than one, thanks for your help.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.