PDA

View Full Version : interaction between maya and vue 6 xstream

sunlite
03-14-2007, 12:23 PM
hi,

got a little problem again. i want to use vue 6 xstream (on our universitie's computers) to export a whole environment and import it to maya7. at this time i already used vue 5 infinite (without the xstream-bundle because our university didn't have the xstream-thing). i exported maya-objects (OBJ) and imported it as OBJ in vue5. but now i am able to use vue 6 xstream but i don't have got any idea how to use this xstream-thing. i didn't find any export-option for maya in vue6xstream.
what do i want? i want to import a maya-animation into vue 6 xstream. before this animation matches in vue 6 i need to import the same vue 6 environment into maya to match the going object to the environment.
how do i do this?

my result should be ...

a simple character (created in maya) is walking along the beach (created in vue 6 xstream). do i need something like a plugin? if so, where do i get this plugin and how does all this stuff interact?

thx

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2007, 12:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.