PDA

View Full Version : Reverse bump process and rendering questions

JJXu
03-14-2007, 03:30 AM
Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me out on this. I am creating my first model in Zbursh and it seems I've messed up on the bump map creating process. I created all the details for my model with out using the bump material and painting on a 50% gray texture. So now, I can only export a displacement. I am wondering if anyone knows a way to recover from this mistake and still have an effective bump map for export.

Another question has to do with maya's rendering. I am following Scott's Maya/Zbrush workflow tutorial. After I render my model with displacement in Maya with Mental Ray, the triangle count in the output window is 1 million something. I needed it to be 2 million something in order to be similar to the count in Zbrush. I tried to increase the min subdivision number by 1 level in the Subd Approximation editor. That gave me 4 million triangle count or so. I am wondering if I could increase the count not by 4, instead by 2.

Thanks for the help!

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2007, 03:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.